Monday, January 28, 2013

Rock the Presidents (I was there 5/52)

The Tulsa Preforming Arts Center has a series for kids called Young at Art.They offer quality live theater to school age children, for CHEAP! Each year, I look over the schedule for the school year and chose what shows we would enjoy. We usually see 2 a year. Some we have seen over the past few years include Suessical the Musical, Charlotte's Web and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. They are always so well done that we love going. I also love that the tickets are $4/person - woohoo. For less than we can go to a movie, we can see live theater. We never go see real movies, each kiddo has maybe been to 5 in their whole life, but there is something cool about the theater.

Last week, we saw Rock the Presidents.  It was fantastic and unlike any of the other plays we have seen there. Very high energy, educational, and just FUN! C took some pics with his ipod for me :)


And yes, I was there too...


Do you like to go to the theater? What have you seen? The kids are all going to be in Music Man, Jr in April, so it will be fun to learn about the behind the scenes part of theater!

Were you?

4 comments:

  1. Rock the Presidents was one I planned to have us attend ... and then we moved. :( We were going to do a whole month of president learning. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here is my Y,IWTT! post from this week!
      http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-wrap-up.html

      Delete
  2. Hi - I love your "Yes, I was there too" idea! I've linked here from my Weekly Wrap Up post - I'm there making butter, not quite as "gangnam style" as the kids! Lucinda

    http://http://www.navigatingbyjoy.com/2013/02/02/weekly-wrap-up-the-one-with-science-gangnam-style/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing you in more pictures! Makes me smile.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!!